At Unity Homes we believe that overall home quality and performance need to rise well above current American standards … and that to consistently achieve this, the conventional building process needs to change course. These core convictions inform every home we build. By combining the advantages of off-site fabrication & craft with rapid, on-site building, we strive to achieve the best of both worlds. And by incorporating renewable materials like wood, we strive to make homes as sustainable as they are beautiful.
Improving energy efficiency
• In the building of homes (more productivity, less waste)
• In the home’s operational efficiencies (low energy demands mean less energy use and smaller, simpler HVAC systems)
• Less dependency on fossil fuels
• Organize the home on a 3-D grid to eliminate redundancy & streamline construction
• Organize the home into its useful layers for simpler construction, maintenance, and upgrading
• Use renewable resources like wood and cellulose
• Use low- or no-VOC materials and finishes
Improving people’s lives by improving their quality of living
• By creating beautiful, comfortable, substantial, and frugal homes that instill a sense of well-being
• By creating healthy indoor environments
• By creating homes that are inexpensive to maintain and operate
• By continually striving to improve on the above
Improving the quality of homes by improving the way they’re built
• Off-site, indoor fabrication in a controlled environment
• High level of craft for beauty, functionality, & efficiency
• Rapid on-site construction to protect home from elements and minimize site disruption
Improving ourselves and our service
• Honoring our clients
• Honoring each other
• Cherishing our community
• Protecting the environment
Groundwork for Unity: Projects, developments and innovations at Bensonwood lay the groundwork for Unity Homes
Unity Launched: Unity Homes is officially launched as an off-shoot of Bensonwood.
First home completed: The first “official” Unity Home is completed in Brattleboro, VT.
Top Ten Award: Unity honored with a “Top Ten Green Building Product for 2016” award from BuildingGreen.
Greenbuild Unity Home: Unity’s Zum style show home is featured at Greenbuild 2015 in Washington, D.C.
Westward expansion: Of the fourteen homes on which Unity works, the most distant is in Ohio.
Dartmouth faculty housing: Unity completes four faculty houses at Dartmouth College.
Unity show home: Unity opens show home in Walpole, NH.
New wall assembly: Unity debuts its new wall system featuring a continuous layer of wood fiber insulation board.
Quechee Lakes development: Unity begins work on 12 homes at the Quechee Lakes development.
Nano at Okemo: First Nano built, at Okemo Resort in VT.
New Facility: Unity sets up state-of-the-art production facility in Keene, NH.
Show Home LEED Gold: Unity’s show home awarded LEED Gold status.
First ZERH in NH: Unity receives certification for first Zero Energy Ready Home in New Hampshire.