6 Blackjack Crossing
Walpole, NH 03608
Unity Homes, a design-build company located in Walpole, NH, seeks an energetic full-time associate to join the Project Management team as an Assistant to the Project Management Team.
The mission of Unity Homes is to improve lives by transforming home building for the benefit of all. Unity does this by using innovative methods to design and build homes that are healthy, comfortable, and energy-efficient. Established in 2012 as a spin-off from Bensonwood, Unity represents the culmination of 40 years of experience using off-site fabrication to build high-quality homes.
Construction Project Manager
Unity Homes is expanding its team of project managers to serve a growing market for high performance homes. This is an office-based position in a fast-paced environment requiring both collaboration and independence. Unity’s Project Managers guide projects through our design/build process, working closely with clients, tradespeople and our talented in-house team. The successful candidate will be joining a team dedicated to enhancing lives and caring for the planet through the construction of homes that are sustainable, healthy, energy efficient and resilient.
The mission of Unity Homes is to build better homes for more people. We’re currently building about 20 homes per year using innovative methods based on building science, 3D modeling, CNC manufacturing and rapid site assembly. Established in 2012 as a spinoff from Bensonwood, Unity builds on over 40 years of experience using off-site fabrication to build high quality homes.
- Lead the planning, construction and follow-up phases for projects
- Serve as the primary liaison with clients during construction
- Estimate construction costs, prepare budgets and create schedules for the work
- Coordinate in-house teams and resources on behalf of specific projects
- Hire and manage subcontractors such as roofers, electricians, plumbers and carpenters
- Coordinate with local general contractors when Unity is not the GC
- Oversee materials and methods to optimize project quality, budget and schedule
- Utilize software to track job progress, generate billings, manage change orders and analyze costs
- Strong written and verbal communication, and good people skills
- Teamwork, flexibility and positive attitude
- Ability to manage project quality, budgets and schedules
- Understanding of building science and high performance home construction
- Dedication to customer service
- Commitment to continuous improvement
- Knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety Administration standards
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite and Google applications
- Preferred: experience with project-management software such as Sage, Buildertrend and MS Project
- Minimum of 4 years of project management experience, ideally building high performance homes
- Preferred: formal education and training in construction project management
Compensation & Benefits
- Starting salary range for this position is $50K to $60K, based on experience
- Benefits include: a vibrant and supportive company culture, medical insurance, holidays, paid time off, voluntary dental insurance, voluntary life insurance, voluntary short-term disability, 401(K), and profit sharing