6 Blackjack Crossing
Walpole, NH 03608
Unity Homes, a building company valuing continuous improvement and high performance in a dynamic employee-oriented company culture, seeks a process-oriented CAD modeler.
Unity Homes Background
The mission of Unity Homes is to improve lives by transforming homebuilding for the benefit of all. Unity does this by using innovative methods to design and build homes that are healthy, comfortable, and energy efficient. Established in 2012 as a spinoff from Bensonwood Woodworking Company, Unity represents the culmination of 40 years of experience using off-site fabrication to build high quality homes.
This is a startup effort for a new, cutting edge industry CAD platform. The position will work with software developers, sales teams, and other drafters to help launch the new software. It has the opportunity to grow into a software content management role once the platform is launched. This position reports to the project manager of this initiative.
- Prepare accurate iterations of 3D building models and 2D floor plans for populating new software platform
- Collect, organize, and import vendor product information into the new software platform
- Incorporate software testing feedback in preparation for full launch of the software
- Export/ import design files between software platforms
- Facilitate and troubleshoot resolution to software and design issues
- Schedule and prioritize software launch workload
Ideal Candidate Would Have:
- Engineering or architecture background (associates or bachelors degree) related to residential construction preferred
- Familiarity with modeling/drafting software such as Cadwork 3D, Revit, Solidworks, ArchiCAD, or other 3D CAD software
- Education and/or experience in construction, timber framing, and/or building information modeling (BIM). Construction site experience helpful.
- Ability to actively participate in construction and design discussions
- Understanding of web-based computing platforms
Additional attributes of success
- Positive, can-do team player with strong problem solving skills
- High attention to detail with the ability to complete assignments accurately; to be methodically organized to ensure work is findable, well-documented, and applies logical systems and conventions; to prioritize work to meet deadlines; and to work independently and collaboratively within a team setting
- Strong verbal and written skills
- Computer literacy with ability to work in all Microsoft and Google applications
- Strong belief in customer service and satisfaction
- Flexibility to take on other responsibilities as assigned
Compensation & Benefits
- Salary will be commensurate with experience
- Benefits include: medical insurance, holidays, paid time off, voluntary dental insurance, voluntary life insurance, voluntary short-term disability, 401(K), and profit sharing